About the ECOMAX® HT High Temperature PLA, Jet Black
Made in the USA by 3DXTech, ECOMAX® High Temperature PLA Biopolymer uses 100% virgin High Temp Natureworks PLA biopolymer resin and premium colorants. Our filament is precision extruded onto 1kg reels (2.2 lbs) and then vacuum-sealed with desiccant to protect it from moisture.
Once you anneal parts made with this material, you can expect a substantial increase your thermal and mechanical properties. This PLA prints like normal PLA, but offers almost double the thermal properties - up to 140°C (test data coming soon!)
This filament is ideal for use with practically all desktop printers, such as Makerbot, Reprap, Printrbot jr., Makerfarm Prusa i3, MendelMax, UP! 3D, Flashforge, Solidoodle, Afinia, Lulzbot Taz, Makergear, Ultimaker, or any other printer accepting 1.75, 2.85, or 3.0mm filament.
Filament diameter specs:
- 1.75mm +/- 0.03mm
- 2.85mm +/- 0.03mm
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 190-220°C, Ideal 200°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C [No Heated Bed Required]
- Bed Prep: Blue Painters Tape, Hairspray or PVA Glue on clean glass
- Place the printed part in an oven at 80-130c for 30-60minutes. You may want to leave any supports on the part to help support it if you're concerned about deflection. The additional heat will further crystallize the PLA and increase the heat distortion temperature (HDT) to upwards of 120-140°C!
- We have printed test bars using standard PLA and HT-PLA being tested for mechanical and thermal properties. We will post them to our blog and send out an email when the data is back from the lab.
Download the Technical Data Sheet.