About the Volcano Compatible Nozzles (long M6x1 thread)
Wear resistant high lubricity nozzles that are a direct replacement for the Volcano series. Available in 1.75mm and 3.0mm (2.85mm) filaments, and with nozzle sizes ranging from 0.3mm up to 1.2mm, we have the Volcano nozzle for you. With its extra long melt zone and high heat transfer, Volcano nozzles are ideal for laying down material FAST.
- E3D Volcano Hotend (either 1.75mm or 3mm)
The same brass base metal that we've been making for 2 years only now we've improved our Duraplat3-d™ plating process to produce the hardest surface finish possible (almost 70 Rockwell). These are still a perfect replacement for OEM nozzles and great for all around printing.
Made from the toughest alloy 7075 aircraft aluminum. A step up from the Elite series, these offer 60% more heat transfer than brass nozzles and better wear resistance.
Manufactured using heat treated A2 tool steel. With 50% better heat transfer than stainless steel nozzles, these are the clear cut choice for printing the harshest and most abrasive filaments like carbon fiber and metallics.
- Specially engineered for improved lubricity and low friction
- Entirely coated inside and outside
- Reduce extrusion stress and help prevent hang-ups
- High hardness (68Rc) for a lifetime of printing
- Eliminate plastic globs stuck to nozzle
- Reduce plastic curl during extrusion
- Wear resistant for abrasive filaments (carbon fiber, metallic, etc...)
- Corrosion resistant
- Used in aerospace and injection molds and dies