About the CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber PETG 3D Printing Filament
Manufactured in the USA by 3DXTech using premium PETG and High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). CarbonX™ CFR is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament vs. the competition. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing.
CarbonX™ CFR PETG is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed. Please note - carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our Hercules Hardened A2 Steel Nozzles
Benefits of CarbonX™ CFR-PETG include:
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 230 - 270°C
Chemical Resistance: Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
Download the Technical Data Sheet.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Nozzle: Minimum 0.40mm orifice, we recommend our Hercules Hardened A2 Steel Nozzles.
- Bed Temp: 70 to 90°C
- Bed Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray